Friday, July 24, 2009

IT RAINED!!!!

We finally got some rain yesterday. Probably a good 1/2 inch and when I walked Sushi this morning it had started sprinkling a little. Maybe some more! We have beautiful grass but our water bill was $140. this month! Almost as much as our electric bill. Thank you Lord for the rain!!

I survived my marketing trip across Texas last week. What a whirlwind trip! 1406 miles in 3 1/2 days, 10 agency visits and dinner with RC on Wednesday and arrived home at 10:15 pm Wed. night and was up at 5:00 am Thursday to go to the office. I wish I could have stopped at David's for a short visit (I stopped at the Whataburger across from the HEB in Burnet to use the facilities) and hated that I was so close to David's and not have time to stop. I apologize Big Brother! The countryside across Texas was parched. Everywhere I drove there were burn bans in effect. The highest temp to register on my car was 111 which was south of Ft. Worth going towards Waco. It was over 100 everyday.

Please say prayers for Stacey. Living with this new host family is not easy. No privacy at all and she is having a good bout of homesickness. Maybe drop a card to her. It's hard not to be able to call her but send her emails or mail will help her cope.

1 comment:

  1. I heard about that stuff, "rain", but think it must be an old wive's tale.

    ReplyDelete